Last Updated on 10/06/2020 by hortonteam
Are you thinking about getting another project done to increase the curb appeal of your home? By this time, you probably know about the type of building permit you’ll need. If you don’t know this information, you can go to this blog post to know what type of building permit you need according to the City and County Ordinance. If you knew that already, it’s time for the next step—request that building permit and get your schedule!
There are 5 easy ways to request for building permits in Evansville.
- Call them
- Email an Inspection request
- Visit the Building Commission Office.
- Mail a written request to the Building Commission.
- Fill out the Online Form
Call the Building Commission Office
The easiest way to request a permit is to call the Building Commission Office. Here are the number to call:
Email an Inspection Request:
Sending an email is another convenient option, especially for people who don’t like making calls. It does save time and resources to get an inspection request this way. Here’s what you’re expected to do:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Address of the work
- Scope of the work and other pertinent information (i.e., square footage, number of fixtures, etc.)
- Estimated cost of the work
- Your name, license number, and phone number
- Attach any applicable plans and documents
- The City of Evansville will process the request and the permit will be sent to you through email. Should they require any additional information, they will contact you.
- Mail them the check with the amount of the fee once you’ve received your permit.
- In the memo line of the check, reference the application number printed on your permit
- Inspections will only be scheduled once payment is received. So, don’t forget to send in the payment.
Building Commission Office
To visit or send a written request to the building commission, use the following address:
1 NW Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd
Civic Center Complex, Room 310
Evansville, IN 47708
Applications for new permits and inspections are now available online. Follow this link to start your application.
Under Building Commission, select the applicable Project Description.
This will lead you to the next page where you will be asked for the property location, name of the owner, and parcel ID.
If you want to search for your existing permits and inspections, you can visit this link and fill out the form that looked like this:
Just a reminder, not all permits are available online. If you couldn’t see a permit for your project, choose another method.
If you need more information about requesting a building permit in Evansville, send us a message on Facebook. Our team will be glad to assist you and answer your questions. You could also post your questions on our Facebook Group, Evansville Homes.